Samsung Smartphones are yet again in chaos months after the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 fiasco, another video of smartphone from Samsung, i.e. Samsung Grand Duos which was released in 2013 blasts in a man's shirt pocket.
A CCTV video footage of the mobile explosion is going viral on the internet in which the man from Indonesia is observed falling to the floor as he attempts to take off his shirt after the cell phone blasts. The incident occurred on in the lobby of Hotel Ciputra Semarang in Indonesia on September 30.
As per reports a 47-year-old man named Yulianto was waiting in the reception area of the hotel where he worked as a supervisor, he suddenly sensed a heating sensation in his shirt’s pocket and to check it once he touched the pocket it exploded all of a sudden that sets his shirt on fire after that he rapidly took off the shirt.
According to Samsung’s statement to CNET, the apparatus in matter contains a third-party module. The battery used on the phone was not fabricated by Samsung or any authorised company of Samsung, it said. "We sincerely wish for our customer's swift recovery, and strongly recommend all our consumers to use Samsung's genuine or approved batteries that have been specifically designed for use in Samsung products."
Although the fault is not from Samsung side as the customer has used third-party batteries that is quite cheaper than the original one, but it has again shattered the brand value of Samsung after last year’s incident of Galaxy Note 7 smartphone, and it might affect the purchasing rate of Samsung smartphones.
Last year, Samsung experienced a hard time after it had to recall the Galaxy Note 7 after happenings of its battery flare-up.
Do you feel this event will affect the user’s choice of buying Samsung phone? Write your views in comment section.