Last month after GST implementation, a huge number of Pan Cards were duplicated and circulated in the market. After much effort government of India has finally able to curb this nuisance. The current government has successfully deactivated around 11 Lakhs pan cards by 27 of last month. According to government circular on person can’t own multiple pan cards in his/her name. The rule dictates that, a person should have only one pan number to avoid discrepancies during any tax issues. Also, government have finally able to detect a lot of Fake Pan Cards which are registered with a ghost name and address. After much effort they have successfully deactivated those cards and start a probe to catch the culprits, who have submitted the false informations.
To check whether your PAN card is still active, visit the INCOME TAX e-filing website and check your PAN status.
If you don’t know how to proceed further, just follow these steps given below.
- Visit http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Click on the option “Know Your PAN” placed at the left hand corner of the homepage of the websites.
- If it's not there, check under the column called “Services”.
- A new website will open up in the next tab.
- Enter your personal details like name, status, religion, address, phone number etc. And then click submit.
- Within few seconds you will get a OTP in the mobile number given in the Pan application. Put that OTP in the website.
- And then click Validate Button.
If you have registered multiple PAN cards with similar details, then it will ask more specific questions like father's name etc. After you provide the additional information, you will be directed to a new page. Here you can check the validity of your PAN number and its Jurisdiction.
In case if you feel any issue while checking the PAN number. Let us know in the comments, we will try to resolve the issue for you.